On 1/27/14, International Shipholding Corp.'s 9.50% Series A Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Stock (ISH.PRA) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $2.375, payable on 1/30/14. As a percentage of ISH.PRA's recent share price of $106.90, this dividend works out to approximately 2.22%, so look for shares of ISH.PRA to trade 2.22% lower — all else being equal — when ISH.PRA shares open for trading on 1/27/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 8.89%, which compares to an average yield of 8.39% in the "Transportation" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, ISH.PRA was trading at a 6.90% premium to its liquidation preference amount, versus the average premium of 4.79% in the "Transportation" category. The chart below shows the one year performance of ISH.PRA shares, versus ISH:
Below is a dividend history chart for ISH.PRA, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $2.375 on International Shipholding Corp.'s 9.50% Series A Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Stock :
In Thursday trading, International Shipholding Corp.'s 9.50% Series A Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Stock (ISH.PRA) is currently trading flat on the day, while the common shares (ISH) are down about 1%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV