On 1/27/14, Tsakos Energy Navigation Ltd.'s 8.00% Series B Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual (TNP.PRB) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.50, payable on 1/30/14. As a percentage of TNP.PRB's recent share price of $22.82, this dividend works out to approximately 2.19%, so look for shares of TNP.PRB to trade 2.19% lower — all else being equal — when TNP.PRB shares open for trading on 1/27/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 8.76%, which compares to an average yield of 6.16% in the "Energy" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, TNP.PRB was trading at a 8.60% discount to its liquidation preference amount, versus the average premium of 6.43% in the "Energy" category. The chart below shows the one year performance of TNP.PRB shares, versus TNP:
Below is a dividend history chart for TNP.PRB, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.50 on Tsakos Energy Navigation Ltd.'s 8.00% Series B Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual :
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, Tsakos Energy Navigation Ltd. (TNP) makes up 4.13% of the Guggenheim Shipping ETF (SEA) which is trading lower by about 1.2% on the day Thursday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV