However, analysts continue to hate the stock, simply because they do not understand it, Cramer said. They try to value the company based off of traditional metrics such as earnings per share.
But this is "not an earnings per share story," he argued. "It's a cultural shift story." He also called Netflix a "cult stock," which is when a stock seems like it can do no wrong.
As long as Netflix continues to add subscribers, the stock will continue to move higher, Cramer said.
Just as how analysts are struggling to value the company -- some downgrading the stock but raising the price target -- Cramer suggested that investors look at the company's market cap.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV