In its fiscal first-quarter results, the data networking company reported earnings of $1.22 a share, beating Thomson Reuters' estimate of $1.19 a share. F5 Networks reported a revenue increase of 11% to $406.5 million for the quarter, higher than the estimated $396.4 million.
The increase in sales is due to demand for new products, the company said.
Despite beating expectations, F5 Networks' net income dropped to $68 million, or 87 cents a share, in the quarter ending Dec. 31. In the same quarter the year before, the company posted net income of $69.5 million, or 88 cents a share.Following the earnings report JMP Securities reiterated its "outperform" rating for F5 Networks, raising its price target to $135 from $96. TheStreet Ratings team rates F5 Networks as a "hold" with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate F5 NETWORKS INC (FFIV) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including premium valuation, weak operating cash flow and relatively poor performance when compared with the S&P 500 during the past year."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FFIV Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV