- Worldwide, approximately 110 million roses, the majority red, will be sold and delivered within a three-day time period.
- 73% of American men buy flowers on Valentine's Day.
- Over 90% of Valentine's Day flowers are purchased by men.
- 15% of U.S. women send themselves flowers on Valentine's Day.
- 53% of women say they would end their relationship if they didn't get something for Valentine's Day.
- Every year around 1 billion Valentine's Day cards are sent.
- Teachers receive the most Valentine's Day cards, followed by children, mothers, wives, and then, sweethearts.
- Parents receive 1 out of every 5 Valentine's Day cards.
- Verona, the Italian city where Shakespeare's play lovers Romeo and Juliet lived, receives about 1,000 letters every year sent to Juliet on Valentine's Day.
- About 3% of pet owners will give Valentine's Day gifts to their pets.
FlowerDeliveryExpress.com Sees Increased Demand For Valentine's Day Roses
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts