3. As of noon trading, United Parcel Service ( UPS) is down $0.76 (-0.8%) to $98.23 on average volume. Thus far, 1.4 million shares of United Parcel Service exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $97.72-$98.54 after having opened the day at $98.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $98.99. United Parcel Service, Inc., a package delivery company, provides transportation, logistics, and financial services in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: U.S. Domestic Package, International Package, and Supply Chain and Freight. The U.S. United Parcel Service has a market cap of $70.1 billion and is part of the transportation industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 62.8, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 5.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate United Parcel Service a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates United Parcel Service as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Get the full United Parcel Service Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts