MAUMEE, Ohio, Jan. 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Technologies from Dana Holding Corporation (NYSE: DAN) are enabling award-winning vehicles and engines to operate at peak efficiency and performance. The company's technologies are prominent on the 2014 Motor Trend Car and Truck of the Year, the North American Car and Truck of the Year, the Green Car of the Year, and six of this year's Ward's 10 Best Engines.
Dana's innovative technologies help automakers increase overall vehicle performance and efficiency by maintaining optimum operating temperatures and reducing noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH), ensuring a great driving experience for consumers.
"The demand for fuel efficiency and performance are the top drivers in today's market. Dana's technologies are designed to specifically address the weight, space, noise, and performance concerns of our OEM customers, while enabling a quieter and more efficient ride for the everyday driver," said Roger Wood, Dana president and chief executive officer. "The number of award-winning vehicles that contain Dana's innovations demonstrates the standard we set for our products, as well as the dedication of the people who design and manufacture them."
Dana technology is featured on the Motor Trend Car of the Year, the Cadillac CTS. On the HFV6 3.0L and HFV6 3.6L LY7 engines, the technology includes Dana's Victor Reinz ® cylinder head gaskets, exhaust and secondary gaskets, intake manifold gasket, heat shields, and valve seals, while the Gen IV 6.0L - LSA engine includes Dana's heat shields and exhaust manifold gaskets. These technologies reduce oil consumption, improve noise, vibration, and harshness, and help protect engine components from extreme temperatures, while ensuring the highest durability.This year's Motor Trend Truck of the Year, the 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel, features a Spicer ® rear driveshaft, Victor Reinz exhaust gaskets, and Long ® active warm-up technology, which significantly lowers fuel consumption and emissions by enabling engines to quickly reach optimum operating temperatures. The Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, the 2014 North American Car of the Year, includes a variety of Dana technologies, such as Victor Reinz exhaust gaskets, secondary gaskets, and heat shields that suppress noise and protect from extreme heat with improved durability. Additionally, the vehicle includes Dana's Long brand transmission oil cooler, differential oil cooler, and engine oil cooler, which help to effectively manage heat to ensure optimum operating conditions and long-term durability. Dana also is featured on 2014 North American Truck of the Year, the Chevrolet Silverado. The newly redesigned truck includes Dana's Victor Reinz ® heat shields, which provide a three-layer construction to protect against extreme temperatures and suppress noise. On the heavy-duty versions of the Silverado, Dana's Long transmission oil cooler helps to manage heat and ensures long-term durability for the pickup. In addition, Dana's Victor Reinz cylinder head cover module is featured on Green Car Journal's Green Car of the Year, the 2014 Honda Accord. This was the ninth year for the award, which was presented at the L.A. Auto Show in November. In addition to these award-winning vehicles, Dana supplies many technologies to the 2014 Ward's 10 Best Engines.
- Audi 3.0L TFSI Supercharged DOHC V-6 – Features Victor Reinz cylinder head gasket and secondary gaskets that deliver improved reliability and durability while reducing oil consumption and bore distortion.
- Ram 3.0L Turbodiesel DOHC V-6 – Equipped with Victor Reinz exhaust gasket and Long active warm up that reduce emissions and fuel consumption by enabling engines to quickly reach optimum operating temperatures.
- Fiat 83-kW Electric Motor – Includes Dana's Long battery chiller that helps minimize temperature variation and improve battery operation.
- Chevy 6.2L OHV V-8 – Uses Long engine oil cooler, Victor Reinz secondary gasket and exhaust gasket, and heat shields to lower and control engine oil operating temperature and protect the engine from extreme heat.
- Honda 3.5L SOHC V-6 – Features Victor Reinz cylinder head cover modules providing optimal design performance and improved durability.
- Volkswagen 1.8L Turbocharged DOHC I-4 – Utilizes Long engine oil coolers which lower and control engine oil operating temperature.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV