- U.S. Patent 8,617,081 was issued for a system and method that can detect a human pulse rate from a sequence of video images, leading to low-cost non-contact medical monitoring. Xerox today provides services to healthcare professionals in over 1,700 hospitals in the US. Research like this project could help provide better and less invasive care.
- U.S. Patent 8,520,074 describes a system and method for using infrared imaging to automatically detect the number of people in an image, such as the number of people in a car. This research enables optimizing usage of high occupancy vehicle lanes and helps relieve congestion as well as creates a new source of transportation revenue.
- U.S. Patent 8,537,398 describes a “cloud based” method and system for managing the inventory of printer supplies for remote printers. These types of capabilities contribute to Xerox’s success in Managed Print Services (MPS).
2013 Patent Tally Builds Upon Xerox’s Innovation Heritage
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.