Alcoa (NYSE: AA) today announced that its Board of Directors has elected Carol L. Roberts a director of the Company and member of the Audit Committee of the Board.
Ms. Roberts, 54, is Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of International Paper Company (IP), a global leader in packaging and paper with manufacturing operations in 24 countries and 2012 net sales of $28 billion. Her career spans engineering, manufacturing, business management, human resources and finance, bringing a strong set of cross-functional experiences to the Alcoa Board.
“Carol has been a highly successful leader, delivering proven results at every level from operating mill to global business group,” said Alcoa Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Klaus Kleinfeld. “With her finance and operational experience and passion for developing talent, Carol’s counsel and perspective will further strengthen our Board as we continue the repositioning of Alcoa.”
Before being named CFO in 2011, Ms. Roberts led IP’s largest business, the Industrial Packaging Group. While in that role, she led IP’s acquisition of Weyerhaeuser’s packaging business. As Vice President of People Development for three years, she developed human resources programs that have had a major impact on IP’s talent posture and employee engagement. Ms. Roberts has served in a variety of operational and technical roles since beginning her career with IP in 1981 as an associate engineer at the company’s Mobile, Alabama mill.Ms. Roberts holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Yale University.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV