3 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks To Check Out: MO, GLNG, CVI
CVR Energy (NYSE: CVI) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.20%. CVR Energy, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in petroleum refining and nitrogen fertilizer manufacturing activities in the United States. The company operates through two segments, Petroleum and Nitrogen Fertilizer. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.32. The average volume for CVR Energy has been 558,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. CVR Energy has a market cap of $3.6 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are down 5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates CVR Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, CVR ENERGY INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.53, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that CVI's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.97 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- CVI, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 5.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 17.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- CVR ENERGY INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CVR ENERGY INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.33 versus $3.94 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 16.8% in earnings ($3.60 versus $4.33).
- You can view the full CVR Energy Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV