What To Hold: 4 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks CTL, MFA, BMO, HPT
Hospitality Properties (NYSE: HPT) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.30%. Hospitality Properties Trust, a real estate investment trust (REIT), engages in buying, owning, and leasing hotels. The company has a P/E ratio of 38.20. The average volume for Hospitality Properties has been 1,104,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Hospitality Properties has a market cap of $3.9 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Hospitality Properties as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, HOSPITALITY PROPERTIES TRUST underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for HOSPITALITY PROPERTIES TRUST is rather low; currently it is at 16.11%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 6.68% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Hospitality Properties Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV