Bank of Montreal (NYSE: BMO) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.20%. Bank of Montreal provides various retail banking, wealth management, and investment banking products and services in Canada, the United States, and internationally. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.05. The average volume for Bank of Montreal has been 346,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bank of Montreal has a market cap of $42.7 billion and is part of the banking industry. Shares are down 1.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Bank of Montreal as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 65.96% to -$4,785.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 20.97%.
- The gross profit margin for BANK OF MONTREAL is currently very high, coming in at 83.68%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, BMO's net profit margin of 20.02% significantly trails the industry average.
- In its most recent trading session, BMO has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, BANK OF MONTREAL has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Bank of Montreal Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts