NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Santander Consumer USA priced 75 million shares at $24 for its initial public offering with Citigroup (C) and J.P. Morgan (JPM) as joint book running managers for the offering.
The stock opened at $25.75 on Thursday and had a high of $26.48 as of 10:30 a.m., by which point it had already amassed a volume of more than 17 million. The company originally intended to offer 65,217,391 shares priced between $22 and $24 a share and was indicated to open between $24.25 and $24.50.
Santander also announced Thursday that it had initiated a letter of intent with Maserati North America to provide multiple auto financing services to Maserati customers and dealers in the U.S. Santander will offer dealer floor plan financing, consumer retail and lease financing for Maserati vehicles and other appropriate services and products. Both Santander and Maserati can decide to initiate a definitive contract at a later date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV