Life Time – The Healthy Way of Life Company
) today announced its 2014 Phoenix-area athletic event schedule. The eight-event, multi-sport line-up will kick off April 13 with the
Leadman Tri Marquee
Life Time Tri Marquee
on the shores of Tempe Town Lake. In 2013, more than 7,000 athletes participated in Life Time’s Phoenix-area athletic events.
Life Time Athletic Events features more than 100 athletic events across the nation for all ages and abilities from beginner to ultra-distance triathlons, as well as running and cycling events.
This year’s Arizona events include:
- Leadman Tri Marquee and Life Time Tri Marquee, April 13 – The southwest triathlon season kicks off with Arizona's Premier Tri Weekend featuring the Leadman 125 and Life Time Tri sprint and international distance events. From the first-time triathlete to the seasoned pro, the weekend offers something for everyone. Arizona Autism Charter Schools, Inc., is the charity partner for both events.
- Athleta Esprit De She Triathlon, May 4 –The nation’s premier athletic event series for women returns to Tempe Beach Park for its second year with the 2014 Athleta Esprit de She Tempe Triathlon and Duathlon which features a run-bike-run format. At the finish line, participants can salute their success with a post-race rendezvous at the signature Esprit de She bubbly bar and community market.
- Barn Burner 104, Sept. 6 – The fifth annual Barn Burner 104 in Flagstaff includes a weekend full of activities for the whole family. Participants in the 104-mile mountain bike event will ride through the beautiful Coconino and Kaibab National Forest and some lucky riders will qualify for the Leadville Trail 100 MTB, one of the most well known mountain bike races on earth.
- Life Time Tri Tempe, Sept. 21 – This ninth annual event at Tempe Beach Park includes sprint, international, relay, and paratriathlete waves. First-timer waves are also available for those new to the sport, or for experienced triathletes looking for a more relaxed, less competitive, experience.
- Athleta Esprit De She 5K/10K, Oct. 2 – As part of the nation’s premier athletic event series for women, this 5K/10K is perfect for female athletes of all levels. Fondly known for the post-race champagne bar, the event includes a finish-line party with tasty and healthy treats and access to a Beauty Bar with complimentary massage, mini manicures and hair braiding.
- Life Time Tri SOMA, Oct. 19 – Part of the Life Time Tri Arizona Series, this event features a half-Ironman distance making it the perfect tune-up for Ironman. Participants will start at Tempe Beach Park and will swim, bike and run their way to the finish line.
- Turkey Day 5K/10K, Nov. 27 – This signature Life Time event brings family and friends together to start the holiday in a healthy way. Runners, joggers and walkers are invited to participate in either the adult or youth (17 & under) 5K/10K run at Wesley Bolin Plaza.
For more information on Life Time Athletic Events, please visit
, on Twitter @
Life Time Athletic Events Facebook page
About Life Time Fitness, Inc.
As The Healthy Way of Life Company, Life Time Fitness (NYSE:LTM) helps organizations, communities and individuals achieve their total health objectives, athletic aspirations and fitness goals by engaging in their areas of interest — or discovering new passions — both inside and outside of Life Time’s distinctive and large sports, professional fitness, family recreation and spa destinations, most of which operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Company’s Healthy Way of Life approach enables customers to achieve this by providing the best programs, people and places of uncompromising quality and value. As of January 22, 2014, the Company operated 108 centers under the LIFE TIME FITNESS
and LIFE TIME ATHLETIC
brands in the United States and Canada. Additional information about Life Time centers, programs and services is available at