Citibank today unveiled new ATMs for the U.S. that will “remember” customer preferences and reduce the time customers spend to check balances, make deposits and withdraw cash. The new ATMs feature vastly simplified screen flows and a cleaner, streamlined design. Citibank led the introduction and adoption of ATMs worldwide in 1977.
Citibank unveils a new, simplified ATM experience across the U.S., including a Quick-Touch Balance Peek feature. (Photo: Business Wire)
“Based on extensive feedback from customers, we have reimagined the ATM experience to make it simpler and faster,” said Citi U.S. Consumer and Commercial Banking President Cece Stewart. “Citibank ATMs will now present information based on customer preferences automatically and they will enable customers to check their balances at any point without having to navigate through multiple screens. No matter how we interact with customers – at an ATM, in a branch, on a mobile device, over the phone or online – we want to deliver the best experience possible.”
Some of the enhanced features and design elements include:
- Quick-Touch Balance Peeks: Customers will have the option of reviewing account balances without leaving the screen they are on, eliminating the need for multi-screen navigation that takes time and creates confusion.
- Remembered Preferences: The new ATMs will enable customers to set preferences that will make future visits faster and easier. When customers make a withdrawal, they will have the option of setting their “Fast Cash” option for quicker withdrawals in the future. Language selection is set one time by a customer choosing a language other than English (Chinese, Greek, Polish, Spanish, or Hangul (Korean)), and that language will appear automatically going forward. Preferences can be changed easily at any time.
- Simplified Screen Flows: Unnecessary screens, submenus and “Are You Sure?” prompts have been eliminated and intuitive shortcuts have been added. New on-page scrolling allows for faster access to more information without requiring navigation to additional screens.
- Customer Friendly Design and Tone: The design and language was revamped to be more modern and conversational.
The new ATM functionality will launch throughout the U.S. by late February.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV