Praxair, Inc. (NYSE:PX) has signed a long-term contract with Taewoong Steel Co. LTD to supply high-purity oxygen to the company’s steel mill facility in Busan, Korea. Praxair will construct a new 180 tons per day air separation plant and pipeline in the Mieum Foreign Industrial Zone in Busan that will serve Taewoong, as well as new and other existing customers. The plant is expected to start up in 2016.
“We look forward to supplying Taewoong Steel with the high-quality gases it needs to serve its customers across a variety of growing industries,” said S.B. Seo, president of Praxair Korea. “This new state-of-the-art plant will also enable us to meet growing industrial gases demand from businesses across southern Korea.”
The new plant will help Taewoong meet customer demand for high-quality forged metal products in the wind turbine, shipbuilding, chemical and power plant sectors.
The plant will also increase Praxair’s supply of gaseous nitrogen, delivered via pipeline, to meet growing demand from an existing electronics customer. In addition, the plant will supply oxygen, nitrogen and argon to local merchant liquid customers in southern Korea for such industries as shipbuilding, metals, mechanics, steel fabrication and others.About Praxair Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 250 company with 2012 sales of $11 billion, is the largest industrial gases company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. The company produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Praxair products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, metals and many others. More information about Praxair, Inc. is available at www.praxair.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV