AOL Inc. (NYSE: AOL) today announced it has entered into an agreement to acquire Gravity, a leading company in multi-screen content optimization and personalization and the company that created the Interest Graph.
Gravity personalizes the Internet beyond search and social by applying a personal and real-time filter to the ever-growing volume of digital information available for consumption. Gravity’s patented technology creates Interest Graphs based on individuals’ interests, preferences and habits and allows publishers to offer a tailored and relevant selection of editorial and advertising content to readers.
Gravity’s technology will act as an accelerator in virtually all areas of AOL’s strategy to create more engaging, relevant and valuable experiences for its consumers, advertisers and publisher partners.
The combination of AOL and Gravity will:
- Advance AOL’s ability to distribute relevant and engaging content and advertising across the Internet through intelligent technology;
- Personalize and make more engaging AOL’s portfolio of brands for consumers through the delivery of relevant content in real-time across all devices;
- Enable AOL’s publisher network of more than 2,000 partners to deliver personalized and relevant content recommendations and branded content to each of its users;
- Allow AOL’s current and prospective advertisers to deliver relevant branded content to consumers based on their specific interests where and when they are most engaged;
- Enhance the performance of AOL’s programmatic platform with improved analytics and targeting;
- Further strengthen AOL’s technology infrastructure by supplying relevant and engaging content and ad experiences in all formats and across all screens in real-time;
- Add Gravity’s highly talented executive team as well as a team of engineers with expertise in content optimization and data science to the AOL ranks.