SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Nektar Therapeutics (Nasdaq: NKTR) ("Nektar") today announced the pricing of its previously announced underwritten public offering of 8,500,000 shares of its common stock at a public offering price of $12.75 per share. In connection with this offering, Nektar has also granted to the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 1,275,000 shares of common stock.
J.P. Morgan and Jefferies are acting as joint book-running managers in the offering. William Blair, Cowen and Company, Piper Jaffray, Brean Capital and Roth Capital Partners are acting as co-managers for the offering.
Nektar intends to use the net proceeds from this offering for general corporate purposes including research and development funding and working capital.
The securities described above are being offered by Nektar pursuant to an effective shelf registration statement, including a prospectus supplement and accompanying prospectus, copies of which may be obtained from the offices of J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, attention Broadridge Financial Solutions, 1155 Long Island Avenue, Edgewood, New York, NY 11717, or telephone: 866-803-9204 or Jefferies LLC, Equity Syndicate Prospectus Department, 520 Madison Avenue, 12th Floor, New York, NY, or telephone: 877-547-6340 or by emailing Prospectus_Department@Jefferies.com.This press release does not constitute an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy these securities, nor will there be any sale of these securities in any state or other jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction. SOURCE Nektar Therapeutics
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV