Two Harbors Investment Corp . (NYSE: TWO) today announced the tax treatment of common stock dividends declared in 2013. This information is provided to assist stockholders with tax reporting requirements related to dividend distribution of taxable income by Two Harbors Investment Corp. Stockholders should review the 2013 tax statements received from their brokerage firms or other institutions to ensure that the statements agree with the information provided below.
Stockholders who held a share of Two Harbors common stock for the entire 2013 calendar year will report a nondividend distribution of $0.951268 per share, which is roughly equivalent to the value of the Silver Bay common stock distribution of $0.94720 per share. The entire $0.951268 per share nondividend distribution should be treated as a return of capital for those stockholders who held a share of Two Harbors common stock for the entire 2013 calendar year and who have a tax basis in such share of $0.951268 or greater.
As each stockholder’s tax situation may be different, stockholders are encouraged to consult with their own professional tax advisor with respect to their individual tax consequences.
Tax Treatment of the DistributionsThe Federal income tax classification of the 2013 distributions, as expected to be reported on Form 1099-DIV, is set forth in the following table. No portion of the company’s 2013 dividend distributions is expected to consist of unrelated business taxable income (UBTI), which is subject to special tax reporting for certain tax exempt investors.
|2013 FORM 1099||Box 1a Total||Box 1b Total||Box 3 Total|
|Declaration Date||Record Date||Payable Date||2013 Total Distribution Per Share||2013 Ordinary Dividends||2013 Qualified Dividends||2013 Nondividend Distributions|
|** Reflects the Silver Bay common stock distribution|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV