DALLAS/FORT WORTH, Texas, Jan. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Online students across Texas will participate in special events to celebrate National School Choice Week, including whistle stop tour events across the state.
The events, which will be held during the week of Jan. 25-Feb. 1, will be among more than 5,500 independently planned events across the country during National School Choice Week 2014.
Texas Virtual Academy and Texas Online Preparatory School, full-time, online public charter schools serving students in grades 3-12, will be hosting the following in-person events:
- Houston Whistle Stop Tour and Rally on Jan. 25 from 4 - 6 p.m.
- San Antonio Whistle Stop Tour and Rally on Jan. 27 from 9 - 11 a.m.
- Austin Whistle Stop Tour and Rally on Jan. 27 from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Dallas-Fort Worth Area National School Choice Week Celebration on Jan. 28 from 1 - 3 p.m.
- Tyler Area National School Choice Week Celebration on Jan. 31 from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Both schools give parents and families the choice to access the award-winning curriculum and tools provided by K12 tuition-free.More information is available at http://www.k12.com/txva or http://www.k12.com/tops. "We're thrilled that Texas Virtual Academy and Texas Online Preparatory School are participating in National School Choice Week," said Andrew Campanella, National School Choice Week president. "We hear a lot about education in the news, but the students, teachers, and school leaders at Texas Virtual Academy and Texas Online Preparatory School remind us that, every single day, there are great things happening in schools of choice across America." National School Choice Week shines a positive spotlight on effective education options for children including traditional public schools, public charter schools, magnet schools, private schools, online academies, and homeschooling. For more information, visit www.schoolchoiceweek.com. About Texas Virtual Academy Texas Virtual Academy is a full-time, online public school in Texas. Texas Virtual Academy is tuition-free for Texas residents and is made possible through a partnership between ResponsiveEd and K12 Inc. For more information, please visit http://www.k12.com/txva or call 866-360-0161.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts