CHARLOTTE, N.C., Jan. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Piedmont Natural Gas (NYSE: PNY) has filed for reductions in its natural gas sales rates for customers in North Carolina and South Carolina. Last week's filings before both the North Carolina Utilities Commission and the Public Service Commission of South Carolina reflect declines in the Company's wholesale natural gas costs, which are passed through to customers on a dollar for dollar basis. If approved by the respective commissions, the new rates would go into effect on February 1, 2014 with residential customers seeing a drop in their natural gas billing rates of 2 to 3 percent from current rates. The average Piedmont Natural Gas residential customer in North Carolina and South Carolina would save from $4 to $6 over the remaining winter months of February and March.
About Piedmont Natural Gas
Piedmont Natural Gas is an energy services company primarily engaged in the distribution of natural gas to more than one million residential, commercial, industrial and power generation utility customers in portions of North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee, including customers served by municipalities who are wholesale customers. Our subsidiaries are invested in joint venture, energy-related businesses, including unregulated retail natural gas marketing, and regulated interstate natural gas transportation and storage, and regulated intrastate natural gas transportation businesses. More information about Piedmont Natural Gas is available on the Internet at http://www.piedmontng.com/.
SOURCE Piedmont Natural Gas
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV