The company reported $1.06 in earnings per share, below analysts' expectations of $1.11, Umar said. Revenue rang in at $1.42 billion, 5.6% lower than year-ago figures and below analysts' estimates of $1.49 billion.
She added that sales in North America fell 9% to $983 million on lower store traffic. Worse yet, comp sales plunged 13.6% in the quarter.
But there was one bright spot in the earnings report: China.Sales in the region jumped 25% during the period, Umar said, noting that considering the results, some investors may be relieved that shares only down about 7%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV