3 Stocks Underperforming Today In The Health Services Industry
2. As of noon trading, Cigna ( CI) is down $0.55 (-0.6%) to $89.58 on light volume. Thus far, 288,265 shares of Cigna exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $89.29-$90.48 after having opened the day at $90.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $90.13. Cigna Corporation, a health services organization, provides insurance and related products and services in the United States and internationally. Cigna has a market cap of $24.7 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.6, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.0% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Cigna a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Cigna as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Cigna Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts