5. Amazon.com Inc. ( AMZN): Operates as an online retailer in North America and internationally. Market cap at $185.50B, most recent closing price at $399.61.
Jeff Bezos was a hedge-fund analyst until he had an
Aha! moment in 1996. Noting the high growth of internet use, and a Supreme Court case which would free online retailers from paying sales tax, Bezos drew up the initial business plan for Amazon on a cross-country road trip. Often noted for his attention to detail, Bezos has an approval rating of 93%.
6. Starbucks Corporation ( SBUX): Operates approximately 16,858 stores, including 8,833 company-operated stores and 8,025 licensed stores. Market cap at $55.76B, most recent closing price at $74.90. Howard Schultz worked for a small coffee company heading up a sales staff of 20 when he stumbled upon a small coffee franchise in Seattle. He tried to convince the original owners of Starbucks to imitate the style of cafes that abound in Italy – which double as espresso bars and meeting places. They didn't like the idea so Schultz went out and started his own company, quickly growing large enough to buy the Starbucks brand in just a few short years. ( List compiled by James Dennin, a Kapitall Writer. Analyst ratings sourced from Zacks Investments. CEO ratings sourced from Glassdoor. All other data sourced from Finviz.)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts