1. Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation ( CTSH): Provides information technology consulting and technology services in North America, Europe, and Asia. Market cap at $29.76B, most recent closing price at $99.34.
CEO Frank D’Souza is one of the youngest CEOs in software. He took over the company he helped found at age 37. Though he was promoted from within, D'Souza's fast rise through the industry meant he had only a few years of management experience before taking on Cognizant's top role. He has a 96% approval rating.
2. Facebook, Inc. ( FB): Operates as an integrated social networking company worldwide. Market cap at $142.21, most recent closing price at $56.30.It probably doesn't need to be said that Mark Zuckerberg didn't have much management experience when he dropped out of Harvard to found Facebook. His employees don't seem to think it matters: he has a 99% approval rating, the highest of any CEO in Glassdoor's study.
3. Google Inc. ( GOOG): Google is the world's most popular search engine. Market cap at $387.46B, most recent closing price at $1,150.53. Larry Page co-founded Google with Sergey Brin in 1998. As hardware guys, they handed the company over to vetern software executive Eric Schmidt in 2001 to help make search more profitable. But in 2011 Larry Page took over again. He has a 95% approval rating.
4. Citrix Systems, Inc. ( CTXS): Designs, develops, and markets technology solutions that deliver information technology services on-demand worldwide. Market cap at $11.36B, most recent closing price at $60.44. Citrix CEO Mark B. Templeton rose to the top ranks after just 2 years in the marketing department, and then to CEO after two more years. He has a 95% approval rating.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts