Cell Therapeutics (CTIC) Highlighted As Today's Perilous Reversal Stock
- CTIC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $36.2 million.
- CTIC has traded 1.2 million shares today.
- CTIC is down 5.9% today.
- CTIC was up 15.7% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CTIC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CTIC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CTIC: Cell Therapeutics, Inc. acquires, develops, and commercializes treatments for cancer. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Cell Therapeutics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Cell Therapeutics has been 3.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cell has a market cap of $529.7 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.82 and a short float of 6.8% with 0.79 days to cover. Shares are up 90.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cell Therapeutics as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry average. The net income has decreased by 2.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$15.19 million to -$15.54 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$15.60 million or 24.17% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, CELL THERAPEUTICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.52, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.36 is sturdy.
- This stock has increased by 123.77% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in CTIC do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full Cell Therapeutics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.