Today, Groupon announced a significant expansion of its Groupon Getaways marketplace with the addition of approximately 20,000 new hotels in all of the most popular destinations around the world. With the addition of these new properties to Getaways’ already popular up-to-60-percent-off Flash Deals, travelers can now find a hotel through Groupon for every major travel destination providing consumers with even more opportunities to save money when they travel. Plus, anyone who makes a reservation at one of the approximately 20,000 new properties receives 5 percent back in the form of Groupon Bucks to use toward a future Groupon purchase.
After a successful pilot, the expanded Groupon Getaways marketplace is now available to anyone in the United States and Canada via the Groupon mobile app and the Web. All hotels are chosen by the Getaways team based on price, star rating and location. In addition, most hotels in the Getaways marketplace have a booking calendar, which eliminates the need for vouchers and lets consumers select and confirm the exact dates they want to travel based on price and room availability.
“Searching for a hotel can be a very time-consuming process, with most travel sites showing hundreds of listings for each destination. We’re providing travelers with only the best options at the best prices, so they have no reason to go anywhere other than Groupon,” said Simon Goodall, VP and GM of Groupon Getaways. “By expanding our selection, we’re giving travelers literally tens of thousands of reasons to check Groupon first.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV