Regions Bank (NYSE:RF) is offering high school seniors and college freshman, sophomore and juniors an opportunity to both celebrate the contributions of African-Americans, and earn money to attend college.
Regions will award a total of 32 Regions Riding Forward ® Scholarships to high school and college students across the 16 states served by the company. The selection is based on a competitive essay contest:
- High School seniors are eligible to apply for a $5,000 scholarship based on an essay about an African-American who has inspired them.
- College freshman, sophomores and juniors are eligible for a $2,500 scholarship based on an essay about an African-American who has inspired them and influenced their college career.
- Additional entry details, official rules and complete eligibility requirements are available on the campaign’s website, regions.com/ridingforward.
“When we developed Riding Forward three years ago, we wanted to recognize the accomplishments of African-Americans while, at the same time, investing in the future,” said Michele Elrod, head of Regions Marketing. “This program achieves both of these goals by featuring historical figures Ralph David Abernathy and Thurgood Marshall and offering the Regions Riding Forward Scholarship Essay Contest. To date, we’ve awarded 57 scholarships to high school and college students totaling nearly $250,000.”
The Riding Forward Scholarship is part of a larger Regions Bank campaign to celebrate Black History Month and is in its third year. In addition to the scholarship program, Regions is making a unique online learning module about African-American History – “306: African-American History TM” – available to select high schools in markets served by the company. The online module was developed by EverFi.“The Riding Forward program allows us to shine a light on our young people and their perspectives on Black History,” said Lajuana Bradford, head of Regions Corporate Social Responsibility. “The contributions and accomplishments of African-American heroes are what propels us forward in helping to make a difference in the next generation.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts