Campbell Soup Company (NYSE:CPB) has been named to the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World list by Corporate Knights, a media, research and financial products company. Campbell is one of 18 U.S. companies, and the only U.S. food company, included in the Global 100. The Global 100 drew companies from 22 countries on six continents and inclusion in the top 100 puts Campbell in the top 2.4 percent of the 4000 evaluated.
“Being named to the Global 100 affirms Campbell’s and our employees’ long-standing commitment to corporate responsibility and our ability to deliver both environmental sustainability solutions and business results,” said Dave Stangis, Campbell’s Vice President, Public Affairs and Corporate Responsibility. “We continually challenge ourselves to become one of the most socially responsible consumer goods companies in the world, by building a more innovative, responsive and transparent company.”
The Global 100 is the most extensive data-driven corporate sustainability assessment in existence. Corporate Knights ranks the Global 100 using a two-step methodology, screening companies on criteria such as sustainability disclosure, management practices and financial health; and then scoring companies by sector-specific key performance indicators related to efficient use of energy and water, waste metrics and community engagement.
The Corporate Knights recognized Campbell for its innovative energy and water conservation programs. Over the past four years, Campbell’s capital investments in energy and water conservation have yielded a cumulative savings of more than $53.9 million. Additional environmental stewardship achievements include:
- Saving more than 1 billion gallons of water annually;
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions by more than 280,000 metric tonnes of CO 2, the equivalent to emissions from nearly 60,000 cars;
- Reducing waste sent to landfills by almost 7 percent and attaining an overall 85 percent recycle rate; and
- Saving more than 2.4 million pounds of packaging through lightweighting and package redesign.
- Integrating company sustainability performance into employee incentive and recognition programs;
- Applying its culinary capabilities and production expertise to work with local farmers and a nonprofit organization to use blemished produce to create Just Peachy salsa, which helped fund nine hunger relief programs in Southern New Jersey;
- Distributing more than $40 million globally in food and beverage donations, employee giving and financial contributions to nonprofit organizations; and
- Collecting a record 70.7 million pounds of food during the annual Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive™.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV