COUTURE: Tardy Kim Kardashian Causes Media Fight
By THOMAS ADAMSON
PARIS (AP) a¿¿ Fashion has its fair share of personalities as seen in Tuesday's high-octane Paris haute couture shows.
Kim Kardashian nearly caused cars to crash when she arrived late to one show, while Chanel's front man Karl Lagerfeld proved that he doesn't just design couture dreams, he also speaks politics.
Here are some key moments:KIM KARDASHIAN ATTENDS SHOW, CAUSES HAVOC She's been around Paris in recent days, snapped with her partner rapper Kanye West at Versailles Palace, once the seat of French monarchy. Now Kim Kardashian has hit Paris couture week, holding court herself in the front row of the Stephane Rolland show. The reality star wore a flowing ivory cashmere couture coat and satin pearl-gray pants by the French designer and sported blond highlights. Although she arrived without West, who was seen last week at Givenchy, and refused to speak to the press, her arrival triggered a media storm, with photographers pushing each other and shouting angrily to get a clear shot. CHANEL'S COUTURE SPORTS CLUB It was not your run-of-the-mill Paris sports club. It was Chanel haute couture. At Karl Lagerfeld's dazzling "Cambon Club" show, he boldly mixed the couture designs associated with Coco Chanel's fashion empire at 31 rue Cambon, with a youthful sporty kick. Pearly chiffon, satin silk, fastidious embroideries, sequins and sculpted corsets met with a¿¿ gasp a¿¿ sneakers, sporty white cropped boleros, fanny packs and silver knee pads. Models even ran down the steps that led onto a bright crystalline stage, sometimes skipping. If the spring-summer show felt less vibrant than recent colorful Chanel displays, it was down to the more muted pearly and silver palette. But the detail of the clothes certainly packed a punch. Tight corsets masterfully sculpted the midriff, which was also accented by wide truncated boleros.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV