THE HAGUE, The Netherlands, January 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Aegon today announces that it will call for the redemption of junior perpetual capital securities with a coupon of 6.875% issued in 2006 (ISIN code: NL0000686368). The redemption will be effective March 15, 2014, when the principal amount of USD 550 million will be repaid with accrued interest.
Aegon's decision to call the perpetual capital securities supports the company's target to lower its gross financial leverage ratio to within a range of 26 to 30%. The redemption will improve Aegon's gross financial leverage ratio by 1.2 percentage points and reduce future interest costs, improving the company's fixed charge coverage by approximately 0.6 times.
The securities are currently listed on the New York Stock Exchange with symbol AEV. This listing will be terminated following the redemption of the securities.Currently, junior perpetual capital securities are included as capital in Aegon's group IGD solvency ratio. The redemption of these securities will negatively impact Aegon's group IGD ratio by approximately six percentage points. On September 30, 2013, the pro forma group IGD solvency ratio including the repayment of the securities would have been approximately 202%. Aegon's continued strong solvency ratio demonstrates the company's long-term commitment to maintaining a solid capital position. Aegon will host a conference call today, January 22, 2014, at 09:00 CET which can be followed through aegon.com. News releases, a financial calendar and other corporate publications are available through Aegon's investor & media app. ABOUT AEGON As an international life insurance, pensions and asset management company based in The Hague, Aegon has businesses in over twenty markets in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Aegon companies employ over 23,000 people and have millions of customers across the globe. Further information: aegon.com . DISCLAIMERS
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV