BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Health care stocks have been good for your portfolio's health in recent months -- and they're likely to stay that way as we dig deeper into 2014.
From a technical standpoint, the health care sector has been one of the best-performing collections of stocks since before the start of the summer, even besting the S&P 500's impressive rally in 2013. So with a somewhat lackluster New Year catching investors' attention in January, it makes sense to keep buying what works.
That doesn't mean it's smart to buy any health care names right now, but the stocks showing technical strength in this market should continue to stomp the big indices. Today, we'll take a closer technical look at five of them.For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. >>5 Rocket Stocks for a Short Trading Week Without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV