NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Today's buy-and-trade pre-earnings profiles cover nine stocks in four sectors. These nine companies report quarterly results after hours today or premarket on Thursday.
One company is in the computer and technology sector which is 36.5% overvalued with an overweight rating as 52.1% of the 1126 stocks in the sector have buy or strong buy ratings. This includes strong buy-rated Netflix (NFLX) whose stock fell below its 50-day simple moving average on Jan. 7, but is up 231.5% over the last 12 months.
Two companies are regional banks in the finance sector which has an equal-weight rating as 83.8% of the 2961 stocks in the sector have hold ratings.
Three companies are in the retail-wholesale sector which is 23.4% overvalued with an overweight rating as 82.8% of the 343 stocks in the sector have buy or strong buy ratings. This includes buy-rated eBay (EBAY) whose stock has been trading sideways around its 200-day SMA since June 5.Three are in the transportation sector which is 33.3% overvalued with an underweight rating as 72.9% of the 170 stocks in the sector sell or strong sell ratings. (FITB) ($21.82): Analysts expect the bank to earn 42 cents a share premarket on Thursday. The regional bank set a multiyear intraday high at $21.89 on Jan. 21 and is well above its 50-day and 200-day SMAs at $20.54 and $18.85. The weekly chart is positive but overbought with its five-week MMA at $20.99 and its 200-week SMA at $14.67. Fifth Third has a hold rating is 45.5% overvalued with a gain of 33.2% over the last 12 months. My quarterly, monthly and semiannual pivots are $21.20, $21.47, $21.61 and $21.67.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV