NAPERVILLE, Ill. and LONDON, Jan. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Calamos Investments ®*, a globally diversified investment management firm, released its quarterly Global Economic Review and Outlook. The outlook provides the firm's views on the current economic environment and discusses factors that may affect the global markets and investing opportunities and risks. Calamos invites you to read the entire January 2014 Global Economic Review and Outlook at www.calamos.com/outlook.
Topics include the following:
- Our global outlook continues to be cautiously optimistic.
- We are seeing positive synchronization among major global economies, but growth rates will be uneven.
- In the developed markets, the U.S. economic recovery looks well supported by consumer activity, healthy corporate balance sheets and low inflation, while positive trends in the euro zone and Japan remain tempered by structural hurdles.
- There is more uncertainty in the emerging markets, but we do not expect a hard landing in China and are encouraged by reforms in a number of countries.
- We believe the U.S. is in the midst of a secular bull market. U.S. equity valuations remain attractive in our view, especially those of cyclical growth stocks.
- We prefer convertibles and select high-yield issues over investment-grade bonds.
About CalamosCalamos Investments is a diversified global investment firm offering innovative investment strategies including equity, fixed income, convertible and alternative investments, among others. The firm offers strategies through separately managed portfolios, mutual funds, closed-end funds, private funds and UCITS funds. Clients include major corporations, pension funds, endowments, foundations and individuals, as well as the financial advisors and consultants who serve them. Headquartered in the Chicago metropolitan area, the firm also has offices in London and New York.
For more information, please visit www.calamos.com.This material is distributed for informational purposes only. The opinions referenced are as of the date of publication and are subject to change due to changes in the market or economic conditions and may not necessarily come to pass. Information contained herein is for informational purposes only and should not be considered investment advice.