Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ GS: IBKR) an automated global electronic broker and market maker, today reported diluted earnings per share on a comprehensive basis of $0.67 for the year ended December 31, 2013, compared to diluted earnings per share on a comprehensive basis of $1.13 for 2012.
On a non-comprehensive basis, which excludes the effect of changes in the U.S. dollar value of the Company’s non-U.S. subsidiaries, the Company reported diluted earnings per share on net income of $0.73 for the year ended December 31, 2013, compared to diluted earnings per share of $0.89 for the same period in 2012.
Net revenues were $1,076 million and income before income taxes was $451 million for the year, compared to net revenues of $1,131 million and income before income taxes of $527 million for 2012.
The Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.10 per share. This dividend is payable on March 14, 2014 to shareholders of record as of February 28, 2014.Business Highlights
- 42% pretax profit margin for 2013, or 48% without unusual item.
- 48% Electronic Brokerage pretax profit margin for 2013, or 56% excluding unusual item.
- 26% Market Making pretax profit margin for 2013.
- Customer equity grew 39% from 2012 to $45.7 billion.
- Customer accounts increased 14% in 2013 to 239,000.
- Total DARTs increased 18% from 2012 to 486,000.
- Brokerage segment equity was $2.5 billion. Total equity was $5.1 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV