The auto parts make confirmed that Chrysler filed a complaint against it in the U.S. District Court in the Eastern District of Michigan. The complaint contends that some of LKQ's aftermarket parts infringe Chrysler design patents for the Dodge Ram pickup truck.
A press release from LKQ argues the lawsuit is without merit. The parts in question, according to LKQ, make up less than 0.1% of its estimates 2013 total revenue.
TheStreet Ratings team rates LKQ as a "buy" with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate LKQ CORP (LKQ) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 27.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- LKQ CORP has improved earnings per share by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LKQ CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.88 versus $0.71 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.08 versus $0.88).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Distributors industry average. The net income increased by 35.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $54.05 million to $73.45 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 115.26% to $131.44 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, LKQ CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 7.40%.
- The strong earnings growth this company has enjoyed -- up -- has apparently played a role in driving up its share price by a solid 30.06%. In addition, the rise in the general market has likely contributed to this stock's strong performance during this past year.We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: LKQ Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV