Briad Lodging Group Poised For Explosive Growth
LIVINGSTON, N.J., Jan. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Briad Lodging Group finished off 2013 with the opening of two new hotel properties. However, that is just the beginning of the extensive growth planned over the next several years.
With one hotel under construction, a 131-room, Homewood Suites in Branchburg, NJ, and another, a Residence Inn in Central New Jersey, set for ground breaking in the next couple of month, Briad Lodging Group is poised for explosive growth.
The robust pipeline includes more than 15 projects with Marriott (Residence Inn, Courtyard, Towne Place Suites and AC Hotels) and Hilton (Homewood Suites), which are at various stages in the approval process. In addition, Briad Lodging Group recently signed a franchise agreement for a 116-room AC Hotel by Marriott in San Diego's Gas Lamp Quarter, slated to open by 2016.
Briad Lodging Group's growth plan is to develop, open and operate three to four hotels per year over the next several years."With a long track record in hotel development, ownership and management, we believe we have a competitive edge in the hotel real estate niche market. We will keep our focus on premium-branded hotels under such flags as Marriott and Hilton," said Brad Honigfeld, Chief Executive Officer of The Briad Group. "We'll continue to find great development opportunities in underserved markets. Having our own construction affiliate, we are able to build cost effectively and make difficult projects financially feasible." Briad Lodging Group was formed in 1997, when Briad became a Marriott franchisee. Five years later, the company added Hilton to the portfolio. Since obtaining these franchise rights, Briad has developed more than $400 million in real estate, focusing on limited-service hotels, including the Courtyard, Residence Inn, Springhill Suites, Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites brands. During the past decade, Briad has developed, operated and managed 26 properties and has built over 2,800 hotel rooms in the tri state area alone. Recently opened Briad Lodging Group hotel portfolio
- 110 room Homewood Suites by Hilton - Hartford/ Southington, CT
- 125 room Residence Inn by Marriott - Long Island/ Islip, NY
- 131 room Homewood Suites by Hilton - Branchburg, NJ
- 120 room Residence Inn by Marriott - Mercer County, NJ
- 125 room Courtyard by Marriott - Long Island/ Islip, NY
- 116 room AC Hotel by Marriott - San Diego, CA
- 105 room Towne Place Suites by Marriott - Morris County, NJ
- 103 room Residence Inn by Marriott Ocean County, NJ
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV