Market Hustle: Stocks Set for Lower Open After IBM Falters
Shares in IBM, the world's largest computer services provider, were 3.6% lower in premarket trading after the Armonk, New York-based company's earnings outlook and quarterly revenue fell short of analyst expectations Tuesday.
The domestic economic calendar is empty Wednesday. In other economic news, unemployment in the U.K. dropped to 7.1% in the three months to November. BOE officials this month agreed to keep rates at a record low even after unemployment reaches their 7% target.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV