On 1/22/14, Goldman Sachs Group Incorporated's Floating Rate Non-Cumulative Preferred Stock, Series C (GS.PRC) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.25, payable on 2/10/14. As a percentage of GS.PRC's recent share price of $19.90, this dividend works out to approximately 1.26%, so look for shares of GS.PRC to trade 1.26% lower — all else being equal — when GS.PRC shares open for trading on 1/22/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 5.02%, which compares to an average yield of 5.80% in the "Financial" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, GS.PRC was trading at a 20.20% discount to its liquidation preference amount. Investors should keep in mind that the shares are not cumulative, meaning that in the event of a missed payment, the company does not have to pay the balance of missed dividends to preferred shareholders before resuming a common dividend. The chart below shows the one year performance of GS.PRC shares, versus GS:
Below is a dividend history chart for GS.PRC, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.25 on Goldman Sachs Group Incorporated's Floating Rate Non-Cumulative Preferred Stock, Series C :
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, Goldman Sachs Group Incorporated (GS) makes up 7.73% of the iShares U.S. Broker-Dealers ETF (IAI) which is trading relatively unchanged on the day Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV