NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Verizon Communications (VZ) said it will buy the assets of Intel Media, a unit of Intel (INTC), for an undisclosed sum. In other deal news, Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) will reacquire Oriental Brewery in a deal valued at $5.8 billion, giving the company a bigger footprint in South Korea. And Lenovo is said to be in talks to buy IBM's (IBM) server business.
Verizon Communications said it will buy the assets of Intel Media for an undisclosed sum.
Verizon said the purchase will include the intellectual property rights to Intel's OnCue Cloud TV platform. The companies said the acquisition will expand the availability of next-generation video services. The deal is expected to close in the first quarter of 2014.
In other deal news, Anheuser-Busch InBev will reacquire Oriental Brewery in a deal valued at $5.8 billion.
The deal comes nearly five years after Anheuser-Busch sold the brewer to private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, which soon after sold half of the company to Affinity Equity Partners. The acquisition will give Anheuser-Busch a bigger footprint in South Korea, where the companies said beer sales are expected to grow more than 13% from 2012 to 2022.
Lastly, Lenovo is said to be in talks to buy IBM's server business. The potential acquisition would be Lenovo's first foray into the enterprise computing market outside of the slowing PC industry. In New York, I'm Brittany Umar for TheStreet.
-- Written by Brittany Umar in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV