On CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show, Guy Adami, managing director of stockmonster.com, said the growth story is still intact for NFLX because domestic and international subscribers continue to grow.
Jon Najarian, co-founder of optionsmonster.com and trademonster.com, said the company continues to build a bigger and bigger "moat," making it too difficult for traditional cable companies to fight back. He added that Amazon (AMZN) seems like the only company that could compete with Netflix.
Dan Nathan, co-founder and editor of RiskReversal.com, said that sentiment seemed damped heading into the earnings report, with Netflix shares down 9% on the year.Josh Brown, CEO and co-founder of Ritholtz Wealth Management, disagreed about the negative sentiment, saying the stock is up 236% over the past 12 months. He added that without any real competition the stock will continue to trade with a premium multiple. Guest Tony Wible, managing director at Janney Montgomery Scott, has a $450 price target on the stock and said Netflix has more pricing power than the financial world thinks. He said content providers are not as big of a threat to Netflix in terms of pricing. Wible suggested the company will likely raise prices soon. Coach (COH) dropped on Wednesday after reporting a poor earnings result. Nathan said he would avoid the stock until it hits $45, where he would consider buying it. BlackBerry (BBRY) is up 14% for the year to date. Brown said investors could stay long the stock with a stop-loss at $8.50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV