HOUSTON, Jan. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- BBVA Compass is testing the next generation of drive-thru banking at three of its Houston locations, where customers can summon remote tellers via devices with high-definition screens that double as full-service ATMs.
Together with the new high-tech, high-design branch prototype that the bank is deploying, the new service is helping BBVA Compass crystallize its vision for the future of the industry.
"Redefining the drive-thru experience is a change that was long overdue," said Alex Carriles, director of self-service channels for BBVA Compass. "At BBVA Compass, more than half of our branch transactions occur at the drive-thru, so we thought it was important to bring this channel into the digital age."
Customers at the three locations can opt for full-service assistance from a teller; operate the units in self-service mode like an ATM; or select an assisted mode, where the tellers can guide them through their transactions.The remote tellers, based in the bank's call center in San Antonio, are available during business hours and can be summoned at the touch of a button. The tellers also can identify customers as account-holders without the use of ATM or debit cards by verifying the customer's information. Carriles said that during the pilot, customers are being asked to rate their experiences following each transaction. The feedback will help identify areas for improvement, he said, and early results are encouraging:
- When asked about their experiences, nearly 93 percent of customers said they "liked" or "loved" the service.
- Ninety-six percent of customers said they would use the unit again, while nearly 90 percent said they would recommend the service to a friend or family member.
- BBVA Compass Plaza, 2200 Post Oak Blvd.
- Weslayan & Richmond Banking Center, 4004 Richmond Ave.
- Medical Center, 7390 Fannin @ Old Spanish Trail
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts