Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 1/23/14, Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.7475, payable on 2/14/14. As a percentage of NGLS's recent stock price of $51.19, this dividend works out to approximately 1.46%, so look for shares of Targa Resources Partners LP to trade 1.46% lower — all else being equal — when NGLS shares open for trading on 1/23/14.
Below is a dividend history chart for NGLS, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.7475 declared by Targa Resources Partners LP:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from NGLS is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 5.84% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of NGLS shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, NGLS's low point in its 52 week range is $38.60 per share, with $54.25 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $50.92.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, NGLS makes up 3.74% of the MLP ETF (MLPA) which is trading higher by about 0.6% on the day Tuesday. In Tuesday trading, Targa Resources Partners LP shares are currently up about 0.5% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV