Macerich Company (NYSE: MAC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.30%. The Macerich Company is an independent real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.49. The average volume for Macerich Company has been 875,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Macerich Company has a market cap of $8.2 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 1.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Macerich Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 35.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $146.07 million or 30.90% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 8.60%.
- MACERICH CO's earnings per share declined by 9.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MACERICH CO increased its bottom line by earning $1.92 versus $1.73 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.21 versus $1.92).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, MACERICH CO's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Macerich Company Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts