Targa Resources Partners (NYSE: NGLS) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.80%. Targa Resources Partners LP provides midstream natural gas, natural gas liquid (NGL), terminaling, and crude oil gathering services in the United States. The company operates in two divisions, Gathering and Processing, and Logistics and Marketing. The company has a P/E ratio of 84.92. The average volume for Targa Resources Partners has been 346,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Targa Resources Partners has a market cap of $5.5 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are down 2.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Targa Resources Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 146.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $24.20 million to $59.70 million.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $99.50 million or 9.94% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TARGA RESOURCES PARTNERS LP has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 2.54%.
- The strong earnings growth this company has enjoyed -- up -- has apparently played a role in driving up its share price by a solid 28.45%. In addition, the rise in the general market has likely contributed to this stock's strong performance during this past year.We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- TARGA RESOURCES PARTNERS LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TARGA RESOURCES PARTNERS LP reported lower earnings of $1.20 versus $1.98 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 22.5% in earnings ($0.93 versus $1.20).
- You can view the full Targa Resources Partners Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts