PARK RIDGE, N.J., Jan. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- To continue streamlining the car rental process, The Hertz Corporation (NYSE: HTZ) launched the newest version of its mobile app, now available on iTunes. This version of the app features a new, modern redesign, along with several new features to provide customers with a convenient travel experience, including the ability to access the app in airplane mode to reschedule and update rentals while on the move, and to help customers Travel at the Speed of Hertz – anywhere, anytime.
"We listen closely to the feedback customers provide us. They wanted a new and improved app and we delivered," said Mark P. Frissora, Hertz Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "At Hertz we strive to make the rental experience as fast, easy and enjoyable as possible, and our new innovations and technologies, including the redesigned mobile app, are just the start of what's to come."The updated app, built to harness each mobile device's available screen size, includes faster reservations and persistent log in. Bookings are much quicker with the new update, so there's no need to switch over to the Hertz website to book your vehicle or log in for every reservation. Enhanced location search options are also now available – now it's easy to find a location around the corner or across the country, wherever and whenever you need a car. Additional features in this new version:
- Login once and stay logged in
- Enhanced location search options
- Works in airplane mode
- Future reservation information at your fingertips
- Fresh look & feel
- Special offers
- Quick access to Roadside Assistance
- Frequent deals
- Save your Member ID for speedy booking
- Find nearby locations
- Carfirmation: Hertz's mobile email/SMS text service – Mobile Gold Alerts -- confirms a Gold customer's reservation and advises of the car's location.
- Carfirmation Upgrade: Carfirmations also show other available cars and upgrades and lets members select the one they want – all on their mobile device in three simple steps.
- Hertz Gold Choice: Gives the customer the power to keep the car they reserved or simply choose another, something no other car rental brand offers.
- Hertz e-Return: The fastest way to return their car with receipt emailed to the customer in a flash.
- Hertz ExpressRent™ kiosks: Hertz is the first car rental company to offer both airport and neighborhood location customers the ability to rent cars through an interactive, live face-to-face video kiosk.
- Mobile Apps: As consumers continue to harness mobile technologies to take control of their travel experience, Hertz mobile apps offer everything from on-the-go bookings to instant upgrades.
- Hertz Mobile App: Book, modify and search car rental reservations, find locations, and browse special deals and offers all from the palm of your hand.
- Hertz NeverLost My Explore App: Users can plan their itinerary and navigate popular cities all on their smart phone and import it into a calendar or to the award-winning Hertz NeverLost® GPS.
- Hertz 24/7 App: Members have 24/7 access to a variety of vehicles when and where they need them with the ability to reserve a car or modify an existing reservation and view upcoming and previous reservations.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts