Today Bank Of The Ozarks (OZRK) Hits New Lifetime High
- OZRK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.6 million.
- OZRK has traded 5,523 shares today.
- OZRK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OZRK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OZRK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OZRK: Bank of the Ozarks, Inc. operates as a bank holding company for Bank of the Ozarks that provides various retail and commercial banking services. The company offers deposit services comprising checking, savings, money market, time deposit, and individual retirement accounts. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. OZRK has a PE ratio of 24.4. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Bank of the Ozarks a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Bank of the Ozarks has been 153,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bank of the Ozarks has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.33 and a short float of 9.3% with 13.03 days to cover. Shares are down 0% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Bank of the Ozarks as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BANK OF THE OZARKS INC has improved earnings per share by 11.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BANK OF THE OZARKS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.40 versus $2.21 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.70 versus $2.40).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Commercial Banks industry average. The net income increased by 18.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $20.67 million to $24.40 million.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 63.87% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, BANK OF THE OZARKS INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Bank of the Ozarks Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV