New Lifetime High Reached By Mettler-Toledo International (MTD)
- MTD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $32.3 million.
- MTD has traded 1,816 shares today.
- MTD is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MTD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MTD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MTD: Mettler-Toledo International Inc. supplies precision instruments and services worldwide. The company operates in five segments: U.S. Operations, Swiss Operations, Western European Operations, Chinese Operations, and Other. MTD has a PE ratio of 26.2. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Mettler-Toledo International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Mettler-Toledo International has been 176,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Mettler-Toledo International has a market cap of $7.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.28 and a short float of 2.7% with 5.66 days to cover. Shares are up 4.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Mettler-Toledo International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- METTLER-TOLEDO INTL INC has improved earnings per share by 6.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, METTLER-TOLEDO INTL INC increased its bottom line by earning $9.18 versus $8.23 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($10.50 versus $9.18).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 6.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Life Sciences Tools & Services industry and the overall market, METTLER-TOLEDO INTL INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for METTLER-TOLEDO INTL INC is rather high; currently it is at 55.28%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 12.56% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Mettler-Toledo International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.