New Lifetime High Reached By LifePoint Hospitals (LPNT)
- LPNT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.3 million.
- LPNT has traded 3,291 shares today.
- LPNT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LPNT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LPNT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LPNT: LifePoint Hospitals, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates general acute care hospitals in non-urban communities in the United States. LPNT has a PE ratio of 20.9. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate LifePoint Hospitals a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for LifePoint Hospitals has been 342,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. LifePoint has a market cap of $2.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.98 and a short float of 2.8% with 3.28 days to cover. Shares are up 6.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates LifePoint Hospitals as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LPNT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 74.35% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 34.59% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, LPNT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income increased by 70.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $19.20 million to $32.80 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $104.30 million or 23.72% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, LIFEPOINT HOSPITALS INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 15.54%.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.80, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.73 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full LifePoint Hospitals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.