RICHMOND, Va., Jan. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Union First Market Bankshares Corporation ("Union") today announced that it will reissue credit and debit cards impacted by the data breaches at Target and Neiman Marcus.
"While the security breaches did not compromise any of Union's systems, Union is taking a proactive step to reissue all debit and credit cards that were impacted by the data breaches at Target and Neiman Marcus," said G. William Beale, president and chief executive officer of Union First Market Bankshares. "Union has been monitoring the impacted accounts since being notified of the security lapses. While no customer has lost money, the level of fraud and attempted fraud has increased on those accounts and therefore Union decided it was necessary to issue new cards to our customers."
More information about how consumers can protect themselves from fraud is available on the Union First Market Bank website: http://www.bankatunion.com
ABOUT UNION FIRST MARKET BANKSHARES CORPORATIONHeadquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Union First Market Bankshares Corporation (NASDAQ: UBSH) is the holding company for Union First Market Bank, which has 90 branches and more than 150 ATMs throughout Virginia and StellarOne Bank, which has 55 branches and more than 60 ATMs throughout Virginia as well as trust and wealth management services. Non-bank affiliates of the holding company include: Union Investment Services, Inc., which provides full brokerage services; Union Mortgage Group, Inc., which provides a full line of mortgage products; and Union Insurance Group, LLC, which offers various lines of insurance products. Union First Market Bank also owns a non-controlling interest in Johnson Mortgage Company, L.L.C.Additional information on the Company is available at http://investors.bankatunion.com SOURCE Union First Market Bankshares Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV